Scan me or visit www.volunteercambs.org.uk/o/Royal-National-Institute-of-Blind-People---RNIB/activities/Community-Volunteer/71589 to join
SummaryOur amazing Community Volunteers play a key role in connecting blind and partially sighted people, awareness-raising, tackling barriers to independence.
Our amazing Community Volunteers play a key role in connecting blind and partially sighted people, awareness-raising, tackling barriers to independence and fundraising for our work. Depending on your availability, training and interests, you will have the chance to take part in some or all of the following: • help run events and regular groups • give talks about sight loss, eye health, the work of RNIB and partners • help with local campaigns • organise fundraising events like store collections • attend information stalls and cheque presentations, and • make wellbeing calls to community members.
- This role requires an enhanced criminal record check and 2 references.
- Effective listening skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- An understanding of issues affecting blind / partially sighted people
- Ability to digest information
- 4 Hours per Event