Dynamic Health (Physiotherapy) Volunteer - various locations in Cambridgeshire
Scan me or visit www.volunteercambs.org.uk/o/Cambridgeshire-Community-Services-NHS-Trust1/activities/Dynamic-Health-Physiotherapy-Volunteer---various-locations-in-Cambridgeshire/76099 to join
SummaryThese NHS volunteers welcome patients to our sites, collect feedback from patients (in person/by telephone), support with admin tasks & help at rehab sessions.
This volunteer role will support the DynamicHealth Team by welcoming patients to the department, collecting feedback from patients in person and by telephone, helping at rehab sessions, and supporting with general administration tasks.
- Gain valuable patient feedback from patients about their experience of the service. This may be face to face after appointments or via telephone, and will include people who have not attended their appointments to identify barriers.
- Assist the Dynamic Health Team with admin tasks such as stock-taking and stock replenishment, equipment / audit checks (i.e., monitoring fridge temperatures, handwashing & cleaning audits), creating displays in the reception area, preparing leaflet packs or photocopying.
- Help at face-to-face rehabilitation class sessions – supporting with infection control measures, putting out/clearing away equipment, welcoming participants, providing encouragement during session to participants.
Volunteers should be comfortable with using IT equipment to enter data on to our systems.
This is a fulfilling role where you can meet new people, gain experience of an NHS environment, help patients in a clinical setting and learn new skills along the way.
Average volunteering commitment - 3-4 hours per week (weekday morning or afternoon sessions), with the option for more hours if desired.
Volunteers can be based at:
- Physiotherapy Department, Davison House, Brookfields Hospital, 351 Mill Road, Cambridge, CB1 3DF
- Physiotherapy Department , Doddington Hospital, Benwick Road, Doddington, Cambs, PE15 0UG
- Physiotherapy Department, Princess of Wales Hospital,Lynn Road, Ely, Cambs, CB6 1DN
- Physiotherapy Department, Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 6N
- DynamicHealth Peterborough, City Care Centre, Thorpe Road, Peterborough, PE3 6DB
- Rowan Lodge, North Cambs Hospital, The Park, Wisbech, Cambs, PE13 3AB
To read about how we welcome and involve volunteers, please visit the Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust website and click on the Volunteering tab.
Then navigate to the Become a Volunteer tab and choose the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough area to view the role description and apply online.
Questions? Please send us an message!
🗣️ Native language skills
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust
We provide the following extensive portfolio of services (for access to more information visit our home page https://www.cambscommunityservices.nhs.uk/):
• a range of children’s services to children, young people and families (Norfolk and Waveney, Cambridgeshire; as well as Peterborough in partnership with Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust)
• Bedfordshire Community Health services for the residents of Bedfordshire (provided in partnership with East London NHS Foundation Trust)
• Children and Adults’ community health services for the residents of Luton
• Dental HealthCare services (Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk and Suffolk)
• DynamicHealth specialist and musculoskeletal physiotherapy services (Cambridgeshire and Peterborough)
• iCaSH: integrated Contraception and Sexual Health services (Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Milton Keynes, Norfolk, Peterborough and Suffolk)
• Neuro-therapy services in Bedfordshire
We believe that community based health services are fundamental to the success of an NHS that gives people more choice and control over their health.