Benefit form fillers
Scan me or visit www.volunteercambs.org.uk/o/West-Suffolk-Citizens-Advice/activities/Benefit-form-fillers/75414 to join
SummaryDo you have a knowledge of disability benefits and some time to spare? We are currently looking to recruit volunteer benefit form fillers.
At Citizens Advice West Suffolk, we are seeing an increase in our clients applying for disability welfare benefits, such as Attendance Allowance and PIP. In order to help as many clients as we can, we are looking to recruit disability benefit form fillers.
- Be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection.
- Have some knowledge of disability benefits although full training will be given.
- Have good listening and telephone skills.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have IT skills.
- Be friendly, approachable and non-judgmental.
- Be willing to undertake training in your role.
The role involves:
- completing an induction to Citizens Advice and undertaking training for the form filler role
- completing paper and online benefit application forms with clients.
- writing a summary of the clients’ problems and what action you’ve taken
What’s in it for you?
- make a real difference to people’s lives
- build on valuable skills such as communication, listening and problem solving, and listening, interpreting information and summarising
- be a valued member of the CAWS team and work with a range of different people, independently with support and in a team
- have a positive impact in your community
We have offices based at Brandon, Bury St Edmunds, Haverhill, Mildenhall and Newmarket.
What do you need to have?
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Citizens Advice West Suffolk
We are currently recruiting for triage volunteers and benefit form fillers.
We welcome people from all backgrounds.
No experience required as full training will be given.