Youth Café Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.volunteercambs.org.uk/o/Thrive/activities/Youth-Cafe-Volunteer/72078 to join
SummarySupporting one of our youth cafés through safe set up and pack down, engaging with young people in café activities, serving food and drink in a café setting, an
• Role title: Thrive Youth Café Volunteer
• Based: Huntingdon Town Centre, Godmanchester (Jan 2024 onwards)
• Responsible to: Youth Café Lead
• Hours of work: 2.5 hours, weekly during term time
Overview of role
Thrive Youth Work Huntingdon is a Christian project that aims to see the lives of young people transformed. We do this by partnering with churches, schools, and communities to offer programmes that support the social, emotional, and spiritual growth of young people.
Thrive Youth Cafés are safe spaces for young people to socialise after school, engage in fun activities, access pastoral support, and connect with local youth workers. We have refreshments available for the young people, including our famous milkshakes! This role would be a brilliant opportunity for anyone who would like to be part of our mission to serve and care for young people in the area.
Role Responsibilities may include:
· Safe set up and pack down of equipment
· Serve food and drink in café setting
· Engage with young people in café activities
· Provide pastoral care through conversations with young people
· Maintain food safety and hygiene
· Take part in mentoring, safeguarding, food safety and hygiene training with Thrive
· Follow safeguarding procedures to ensure the welfare and safety of young people
· Maintain appropriate and safe boundaries
Skills and Experience:
· Strong communication and listening skills
· Able to follow safeguarding procedures
· Able to work as part of a team
· Able to build relationships with adults and young people
· Good understanding of social issues faced by young people
· Experience working with young people desirable, but not necessary
· Passionate about youth work and/or local church mission
· Warm and approachable
· Reliable and trustworthy
· Organised and self-motivated
· Respectful and unjudgmental
· Committed to nurturing the emotional, social and spiritual growth of young people
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Thrive Youth Work Huntingdon
We do this through:
• Thrive Schools Work – Thrive provides programmes for students in local secondary schools whom the school have identified as needing additional pastoral and mental health support. We do this through our 1:1 mentoring programme and tailored support groups. These are programmes designed to provide a listening ear, a safe space, and pastoral support across a range of issues.
• Thrive Community Programmes – Thrive provides weekly youth cafes during term time. These are safe spaces for young people to socialise after school during their free time, engage in fun activities, access pastoral support, and connect with local youth workers. Additionally, we provide an exciting range of activities through our Summer Programme.
• Thrive Faith Activities - Thrive offers opportunities throughout the year for young people of all faiths and none to explore Christian faith, including our half termly Thrive Collectives, and a Summer Residential.