Scan me or visit www.volunteercambs.org.uk/o/St-John-Ambulanc/activities/Youth-Helper/73549 to join
SummaryYouth Helpers support the teaching of young people, from all different backgrounds, vital and life-changing first aid skills. No previous experience needed.
Youth Team Volunteers teach young people, of all different backgrounds, vital and life-changing first aid skills. We have two programmes – our 5-10 year olds are called Badgers and our 10-17 year olds are called Cadets.
You'll help them build up their confidence, self-discipline and, teamwork skills, and have some fun along the way.
We're looking for Youth Helpers and Youth Leaders. You’ll start off as a Youth Helper and, if you fancy it, you'll get the opportunity to become a Youth Leader, with some additional training and experience.
As a Youth Helper you will:
- Create a safe, inclusive and open environment, where young people can learn life skills including First Aid.
- Support the delivery of games, activities and sessions.
- Coordinate with your team to make sure young people are safe and supervised.
- Empower and encourage inclusion and participation of all the young people.
- Support the Unit Manager with administration, collecting resources, paperwork, etc.
All training will be given, so no experience is necessary. The role will require an enhanced DBS disclosure to be completed.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About St John Ambulance
The Cadet programme goes back over a hundred years encompassing some of the most enriching and varied topics young people can learn about. Cadets will get involved in...
- Learning First Aid and volunteering at local and national events
- Engaging in social action and helping their local community
- Learning about health and wellbeing
- Developing confidence and communication skills through Cadet leadership training
- Enjoying a wide range of outdoor and adventurous activities
Cadets are organised into local units in which they can develop their skills and build relationships as a team. However, cadets will also have opportunities to take part in activities on a wider level, in regional, national or even international activities in St John.