Publicity and Fundraising Manager
Scan me or visit www.volunteercambs.org.uk/o/REMAP-Cambridge/activities/Publicity-and-Fundraising-Manager/71949 to join
SummaryEnhance the lives of disabled people. You will play a key role in ensuring the smooth and efficient delivery of our servies
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of people with disabilities? Do you have excellent communication and organisational skills? Do you want to join a friendly and supportive team of volunteers who share your vision? If yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
As the Publicity and Fundraising Manager for our Cambridge branch, you will play a key role in raising awareness of the REMAP charity in Cabridgeshire and securing funds from local sources.
Ideally with previous experience in either publicity or fundraising, you will be comfortable initiating conversations with our clients, businesses, and the community. Your warm, approachable demeanour and excellent listening skills will be essential in liaising with clients to understand how REMAP has helped them. You will also be a confident speaker, have a flare for producing persuasive articles to communicate the value REMAP brings to the area and have a good understanding of how to approach potential funders.
- Work with our clients and volunteers to generate compelling stories about REMAP’s work.
- Create marketing / advertising campaigns targeting a three-pronged approach to attract funding, clients, and volunteers within the Cambridgeshire area.
- Work with our Treasurer to understand our funding requirements, and our Case & Volunteer Manager to understand the balance of attracting more clients and recruiting more volunteers.
- Through research, experience and trial and error, establish effective methods for promoting REMAP.
- Identify, plan and lead REMAP’s participation in local publicity opportunities.
- Promote our services with local Occupational Therapist and other health professionals.
- Identify potential sources of funding, preparing grant applications and letters requesting funding to potential business and public sector advocates/sponsors.
- Understand and maintain client confidentially, only disclosing Personally Identifiable Information that has been authorised by the client.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Compelling presentation and authoring skills.
- A self-starter, with the ability to research, plan and execute a successful approach to raising our awareness and generating funds.
- Access to a private computer.
- Proficiency in O365 and internet usage coupled with the willingness to learn new systems.
- Commitment to preserving client and volunteer confidentiality.
- Willingness to undergo a DBS (criminal record) check, organised and paid for by REMAP.
- Previous experience in a similar role will be advantageous.