Scan me or visit www.volunteercambs.org.uk/o/National-Trust-Wimpole-Estate/activities/Facilities-Volunteer/76682 to join
SummaryWimpole is a beautiful place enjoyed by 325k visitors a year – and we need dedicated and passionate Facilities volunteers to help keep it in tip-top condition.
Wimpole is a beautiful place enjoyed by 325k visitors a year – and we need dedicated and passionate Facilities volunteers to help keep it in tip-top condition.
By getting involved, you could
- Get to know Wimpole behind the scenes.
- Become part of a friendly and hard-working team
- Make a real difference to daily operations at Wimpole
- Use your practical skills and learn new ones
- Help maintain a safe and attractive environment for our visitors, staff and volunteers
- Help preserve our places for people to enjoy now and long into the future
- • You’d also be joining Europe’s largest conservation charity and the wider National Trust team proudly looking after 780 miles of coastline, over 250,000 hectares of land, over 500 historic houses, castles, ancient monuments, gardens, parks and nature reserves (including lighthouses, villages, pubs and a gold mine!). We are a unique charity welcoming millions of people each year and with a vision to open up places for the benefit of everyone, for ever.
- A range of maintenance tasks across the estate, which might include basic carpentry, painting and decorating, restoration of outdoors furniture, site clearance, general repairs, and painting fences and railings.
- A chance to get involved with the historic restoration projects like re-pointing our 19th Century Walled Garden wall (full training will be given).
- The option to become part of our Green Team, exploring new and sustainable ways to use our resources and delivering innovative green projects
- Making sure things run as smoothly and safely as possible – this includes getting to know health and safety and evacuation procedures
- Being part of a team that may need to adapt and change in response to local needs, National Trust priorities or changes to government guidelines e.g .Covid
We want all our volunteers to feel welcome and to have an equally positive experience when volunteering with us. So, volunteers will:
· Be provided with the necessary induction, training, equipment and reasonable adjustments to do this role well and safely
· Be offered expenses to cover agreed travel costs between home and place of volunteering.
· Have remote access to support, news and rotas via our volunteer website
This role will suit you if you are...
- Someone who enjoys operating backstage to ‘keep the show on the road’.
- Active and enjoy working as part of a team
- Flexible and willing to adapt, learning as we go
- Calm under pressure - we expect the unexpected
- Practical and enjoy using skills such as joinery, plumbing and decorating etc.
All National Trust volunteers will be asked to
- Respect and uphold the National Trust values whilst volunteering with us
- Complete training required of all NT volunteers and any role specific training
- Adhere to relevant policies and processes including safeguarding, health and safety, and equality and diversity
• We’ll help you get to know Wimpole Estate, how you can help and how you will work with the rest of the team – with induction and training
• We provide equipment to help you do this role well and safely
• We’ll also cover agreed costs of your travel between home and Wimpole Estate