Reception / Welcomer Volunteer - North Cambs Hospital, Wisbech
Scan me or visit www.volunteercambs.org.uk/o/Cambridgeshire-Community-Services-NHS-Trust1/activities/Reception--Welcomer-Volunteer---North-Cambs-Hospital-Wisbech/75587 to join
SummaryOur NHS Reception / Welcomer Volunteers provide a warm welcome, escorting or signposting visitors and patients to the correct department within the hospital.
As a Reception / Welcomer Volunteer, your warm welcome will enhance the experience of patients and visitors to the hospital, reducing their stress in what can be an unfamiliar environment.
Your duties could include:
- Welcoming visitors to the site in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Directing or escorting patients and visitors to the relevant department. This will include moving about the site, both outside and inside the hospital building.
- Helping visitors check in for their appointment.
- Encouraging visitors to the site to carry out infection control measures – e.g. use of hand sanitiser.
- Helping with basic admin tasks as directed by staff, including taking in/signing for post.
- Assisting with creating displays and ensuring leaflet racks are stocked.
Volunteers need to be over 18 for this role.
Average commitment expected to be 3.5 hours per week – choice of morning (9.30am-1.00pm) / afternoon (1.00pm-4.30pm) /all day shifts - flexible according to volunteer availability.
To read about how we welcome and involve volunteers, please visit the Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust website and click on the Volunteering tab.
Then navigate to the Become a Volunteer tab and choose the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough area to view the role description and apply online.
Questions? Please send us an message!
🗣️ Native language skills
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust
We provide the following extensive portfolio of services (for access to more information visit our home page https://www.cambscommunityservices.nhs.uk/):
• a range of children’s services to children, young people and families (Norfolk and Waveney, Cambridgeshire; as well as Peterborough in partnership with Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust)
• Bedfordshire Community Health services for the residents of Bedfordshire (provided in partnership with East London NHS Foundation Trust)
• Children and Adults’ community health services for the residents of Luton
• Dental HealthCare services (Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk and Suffolk)
• DynamicHealth specialist and musculoskeletal physiotherapy services (Cambridgeshire and Peterborough)
• iCaSH: integrated Contraception and Sexual Health services (Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Milton Keynes, Norfolk, Peterborough and Suffolk)
• Neuro-therapy services in Bedfordshire
We believe that community based health services are fundamental to the success of an NHS that gives people more choice and control over their health.