Dental Volunteer - various locations (P'boro, Wisbech, Huntingdon, Cambridge)
Scan me or visit www.volunteercambs.org.uk/o/Cambridgeshire-Community-Services-NHS-Trust1/activities/Dental-Volunteer---various-locations-Pboro-Wisbech-Huntingdon-Cambridge/76098 to join
SummaryThis NHS volunteer role helps patients attending our dental appointments have a positive experience, as well as assisting with admin and other tasks.
This volunteer role supports the Dental HealthCare Team to ensure that patients attending appointments have a positive experience, as well as assisting with admin tasks and supporting staff during the working day.
- Contact patients prior to their appointment to encourage attendance
- Welcome patients, supporting and reassuring those who may feel apprehensive
- Encourage patients to carry out infection control measures (e.g. hand sanitiser)
- Encourage patients to feedback about their experience by completing questionnaires with them (either face to face or by telephone)
- Help with admin tasks such as collating leaflet packs
- Support the wellbeing of staff by making them drinks if they are too busy to do so.
This is a fulfilling role where you can meet new people, gain experience of an NHS environment, help patients in a clinical setting and learn new skills along the way.
Due to our client group, you need to be over 18 years of age for this role.
Average volunteering commitment - 3.5 hours per week (9-12.30pm or 12.30-4pm), with the option for more hours if desired.
Volunteers can be based at:
- Peterborough Dental Access Centre, 5 Midgate, Peterborough, PE1 1TN,
- Treatment Centre, Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 6NT
- Wisbech Dental Clinic, Rowan Lodge, North Cambs Hospital, The Park, Wisbech, Cambs, PE13 3AB
- Cambridge Dental Clinic, Brookfields Dental Clinic, Brookfields Health Centre, Seymour Street, Cambridge CB1 3DQ
To read about how we welcome and involve volunteers, please visit the Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust website and click on the Volunteering tab.
Then navigate to the Become a Volunteer tab and choose the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough area to view the role description and apply online.
Questions? Please send us an message!
🗣️ Native language skills
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust
We provide the following extensive portfolio of services (for access to more information visit our home page https://www.cambscommunityservices.nhs.uk/):
• a range of children’s services to children, young people and families (Norfolk and Waveney, Cambridgeshire; as well as Peterborough in partnership with Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust)
• Bedfordshire Community Health services for the residents of Bedfordshire (provided in partnership with East London NHS Foundation Trust)
• Children and Adults’ community health services for the residents of Luton
• Dental HealthCare services (Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk and Suffolk)
• DynamicHealth specialist and musculoskeletal physiotherapy services (Cambridgeshire and Peterborough)
• iCaSH: integrated Contraception and Sexual Health services (Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Milton Keynes, Norfolk, Peterborough and Suffolk)
• Neuro-therapy services in Bedfordshire
We believe that community based health services are fundamental to the success of an NHS that gives people more choice and control over their health.