Day Centre Volunteer in Peterborough
Scan me or visit www.volunteercambs.org.uk/o/Age-UK-Cambridgeshire-and-Peterborough/activities/Day-Centre-Volunteer-in-Peterborough/72392 to join
SummaryWe need help- In our Day Centres in Peterborough, Huntingdon, Cambridge, Wisbech and March
Volunteer role: To assist the day centre organiser
contact: The Day Centre Organiser
Opportunities in Wisbech, Peterborough, March, Huntingdon and Cambridge
check level: Enhanced level
required: Mandatory Age UK CAP induction and service specific training.
Additional training offered as appropriate for this role.
To be able to spend some quality time with service users and
support the centre staff to provide a variety of engaging activities for the
session. You will be helping service users to take part in both group and 1-2-1
activities and ensuring that all service users feel welcome, included and have
an enjoyable time when they attend our day centre.
and experience beneficial to the role
A real desire to make a difference to older people’s lives but
you may also have:
• An ability to work as a team member
• A friendly, enthusiastic, and patient approach to working with
• An understanding of the need for an older person to retain
their independence and their ability to make decisions.
• Be reliable and responsible for own actions.
• Be able to empathise, respect and engage with all service
users regardless of cultural or social background
• Demonstrate strong listening and good communication skills
• An interest and enthusiasm for developing activities for older
• Help set up and join in with activities, including craft,
quizzes and entertainment.
• Support service users to take part in both group and
• To engage with the supervision, direction and support offered
by Age UK CAP
• Undertake training as required for this role
• Respect service users and organisation confidentiality at all times.
• Raising awareness of general services and activities which
might be provided by Age UK CAP or others, to the benefit of older people and