Easter Experience Volunteer (House)
Scan me or visit www.volunteercambs.org.uk/o/National-Trust-Wimpole-Estate/activities/Easter-Experience-Volunteer-House/76684 to join
SummaryAre you looking for an egg-citing volunteering opportunity this Easter? Why not “hop” along to Wimpole?
Are you looking for an egg-citing volunteering opportunity this Easter? Why not “hop” along to Wimpole? This is our busiest time, and we need volunteers to welcome visitors to the House from 23rd March to 14th April 2024. You do not need to be a historian – just full of the joys of Spring! Bunny ears are not compulsory (although you can if you want!)
By getting involved, you could…
- Gain experience and learn to new skills to enhance your CV
- Gain experience of public programming in an historic environment
- Get to know Wimpole and our visitors
- Be part of a varied and enthusiastic team and form new friendships
- Make your own Easter extra special with the knowledge that you are making a difference
You’d also be joining Europe’s largest conservation charity and the wider National Trust team proudly looking after 780 miles of coastline, over 250,000 hectares of land, over 500 historic houses, castles, ancient monuments, gardens, parks and nature reserves (including lighthouses, villages, pubs and a gold mine!). We are a unique charity welcoming millions of people each year and with a vision to open up places for the benefit of everyone, for ever.
- Creating a warm welcome for everyone who visits and giving them reasons to return
- Letting visitors to wander at their own pace and engaging with them when appropriate
- Responding to the different needs of different visitors, including people with additional access needs
- Helping us keep an eye on the rooms and objects we look after
- There will be plenty of support from experienced volunteers and staff
- Supporting with health and safety and evacuation procedures if required
- A minimum number of hours will be expected, to be agreed on recruitment.
· Being part of a team that may need to adapt and change in response to local needs, National Trust priorities or changes to government guidelines e.g .Covid
We want all our volunteers to feel welcome and to have an equally positive experience when volunteering with us. So, volunteers will:
- Be provided with the necessary induction, training, equipment and reasonable adjustments to do this role well and safely
- Be offered expenses to cover agreed travel costs between home and place of volunteering.
- Have remote access to support, news and rotas via our volunteer website
This role will suit you if you are …
- Full of enthusiasm and enjoy engaging and inspiring visitors of all ages
- Someone who loves being around people – you’ll meet a lot each day!
- Interested in Wimpole and its unique character - you do not need to have any historical knowledge but there will opportunities to learn if you want
- Available between 23rd March to 14th April 2024
All National Trust volunteers will be asked to
- Respect and uphold the National Trust values whilst volunteering with us
· Complete training required of all NT volunteers and any role specific training
· Adhere to relevant policies and processes including safeguarding, health and safety, and equality and diversity